Thank goodness it is time for Wednesday Hodgepodge – that means this week is halfway over! If you aren’t familiar with the Wednesday Hodgepodge, it is a random-question blog hop that Joyce at From This Side of the Pond hosts each week. Visit her on Tuesday to get these week’s questions, answer them on your blog and link up on Wednesday! We’d love for you to join us!
1. Share a favorite memory of your mother or share a favorite something from your own life as a mother. If you’re a mother (or stepmom) tell us how your experience as a mom differs from your own mother’s experience.
A favorite memory I have about my mom is when I called her after the ultrasound when we found out we were having twins. When she answered I said, “well, the baby’s heartbeat is whatever.” She replied something like “oh that’s good.” Then I said, the “second baby’s heartbeat” was whatever. There was dead silence on the phone. She asked me what I meant and I said we are having twins. She started yelling in the lobby where she worked that she was going to be the grandma of twins.
I think my experience as a mom is different than my mom’s. It was a different generation and a different world. Things my mom would have let happen – playing outside until dark, going into the neighbor’s house – I would never let me kids do. But, there are things I let my kids do that mom would never dream of – like Bo getting a Mohawk.
2. In May we celebrate teachers (May 9) and nurses (May 6) both. Most every family has at least one in their midst, so tell us something (or a few things) you appreciate about the teacher or nurse on your family tree.
My niece is a nurse and she is one of the most hard working and smartest person I know. Life has thrown her some curve balls, but she gets herself up, dusts herself off and goes full speed ahead. I am very proud to call her my niece.
3. Chicken salad, egg salad, tuna salad…which would you go for if all three were on the menu? On bread or a bed of lettuce? If you answered bread, what kind of bread would make it the perfect sandwich?
I’d order chicken salad. On bread – dark rye bread. But no grapes or anything crazy in my chicken salad… just the “normal” stuff.
4. Do you have a desk? Is it organized? If so, share your secret to keeping it that way. If you don’t have a desk, where in your home do you take care of family paperwork and business? Where do you normally sit to blog?
I do not have a desk at home but I have one at work. Honda is strange in the fact that the desks are all out in the open and no one has an office. So, we keep our desks pretty neat and organized… or at least clean up before we go home. At home, I usually do paperwork and pay bills at the dining room table. When I blog, I usually sit on the couch with my Chromebook propped up on a pillow.
5. When I was nine years old….
I would go with my dad to work on Saturdays and “help” him work on cars.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
At work, I have been creating and updating the intranet site for our department. My manager was worried it was going to cost money to have a project manager work on it but I chimed up and said “I can do that.” It is turning out pretty slick, if I say so myself. But, it is making me want to revamp my blog now… lol.
Tags: Everyday Life