Since it is time for Wednesday Hodgepodge, that means the week is half over again. Thank goodness! Its already been a crazy week and it is only half way over! I think this week is actually supposed to be Volume 308, but Joyce had it listed as 307. Who knows, I might be crazy. Well, I know I am crazy. But, the volume doesn’t matter…it’s time for Wednesday Hodgepodge… and it’s almost Friday!
1. May 17th is National Pack Rat Day. Sidebar-should we be celebrating this? Hmmm…
Are you a pack rat? Even if you’re not a full fledged pack rat, most people have one thing or another they struggle to part with. Tell us what’s yours.
I swear, it seems like everyday is something new to celebrate. I am not a pack rat. At least I don’t think so. The one thing I struggle with getting rid of is my textbooks from college. I always feel bad because it is too late to sell them back and they were so expensive I don’t want to throw them away. I usually take a bunch of them at a time to Goodwill.
2. What are two things you know you should know how to do, but you don’t?
First, I wish I knew how to fry chicken. My mom always fried chicken when we were younger – crispy and delicious. But, for the life of me I cannot figure it out. I always burn the outside and the inside is still raw. The second thing is how to do body work on cars. Fix the rust and then primer and paint. I always thought that would be a useful skill to have with all the race cars in our family.
3. Do you crave sugar? Do you add sugar to your coffee and/or tea? Do you use artificial sweeteners or sugar substitutes? When dining out is dessert a given? Are you someone who has slain the sugar dragon, and if so tell us how you did it.
I do crave sugar. I do not drink coffee or tea. I rarely use artificial sweeteners. It is rare we eat dessert at home or out in a restaurant.
4. What’s a trend it took a while for you to come round to, but now you can’t imagine living without?
Hmmmm. I don’t know for this one. The one thing that comes to mind is buying an Amazon Echo. Everyone I know has one but I thought they were a dumb idea… until we got one and now we love it.
5. What’s a song that reminds you of a specific incident in your life? Please elaborate.
This is a hard one to choose. I would have to say All Summer Long by Kid Rock. For some reason, it reminds me of being back in middle school and having my first boyfriend and how we thought we’d be together forever, walking around town holding hands and thinking we were all grown up.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
The step guy finally installed my handrails so now I think this weekend I am going to do some landscaping around my new steps. Not quiet sure what I am going to plant though. I need something that can withstand two 8 year olds. So, feel free to leave me some suggestions. Late afternoon sun – nothing requiring a bunch of care.