Happy Wednesday! It’s time for Wednesday Hodgepodge – that fun, random question blog hop that Joyce hosts for us. Grab the questions, answer them on your own blog and link up!
1. April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. Has your April been filled with showers? Do you carry an umbrella, wear a slicker, or make a run for it? Besides rain, what else has filled your April?
It really hasn’t rained much this month. Just a couple of times. I carry an umbrella but most of the time I don’t have it when I need it. Soccer practice has filled my April. And sickness.
2. What’s something you could you give a 30-minute presentation on at a moment’s notice and with zero preparation?
Drag racing Betcha didn’t think that was going to be the answer.
3. Share with us a favorite food memory from childhood.
My grandma and I would make apple dumplings for dinner a lot. We also would make little personal sized pies and leave one out for my aunt because she worked crazy hours.
4. What’s a song you thought you knew the lyrics to, but later discovered you were wrong?
5. According to one travel website, the most overrated tourist attractions in America are-
Niagara Falls (NY), Hollywood Walk of Fame (California), Times Square (NYC), Epcot (FL), Seattle Space Needle (WA), and Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market (Boston). How many of these have you seen in person? Did you feel like a tourist? Did you care? Tell us about a place (not on the list) you’ve visited that might be considered a tourist trap, but you love it anyway.
I haven’t been to any of these places! I would have to say the one place that sticks out as a tourist trap is Gatlinburg. It was horrible and there was way too many people.
6. Your signature clothing item?
7. What’s an experience you’ve had you think everyone should experience at least once? Why?
Losing your job in a bad economy. It makes you appreciate your job when you have it. Especially when it is no fault of your own. I have worked with many people who have worked at the same place for 20+ years and have no clue what it is like in the unemployment line.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I really want to plant some flowers/bushes out front now that I have my pretty steps but I have no clue what to buy and where to put them. I need to have plants that are forgiving when you forget to water for a couple of days. Any ideas?
Tags: Everyday Life