Happy Wednesday! Can you believe it is almost Christmas!? Are you ready? This is the first year in about 10 years I haven’t been gearing up for year end. At my new job, we are on a fiscal year ending in March. So, I have some time before the crazy begins. Since it is Wednesday, that must mean it is time for Wednesday Hodgepodge, right? Hop over and visit Joyce and join in on the fun!
1. Let’s talk holiday decorating. On a scale of 1-10 where do you fall? (1=Scrooge and 10= Clark Griswold). What’s your favorite corner-room-table-space to decorate? Is it done?
On a scale of 1-10 I am probably a 5 or 6. I am definitely not Clark Griswold. I do have a slight obsession with nativities… so those take up a lot of available space at Christmas. My favorite place to decorate is my mantle. I always wanted a mantle to decorate and since we have moved to this house, the mantle has always been crazy decorated for Christmas.
2. Is there a nativity scene in your decorating somewhere? Post a picture or, if it’s special to you in some way, tell us why. Or do both-it’s Christmas!
I collect nativities, so other than the tree and a couple other decorations… all I have is nativities. Here are a few of my favorites…
This is my Peanuts nativity that Don bought me a few years ago.
My newest nativity… gnomes.
My Amish nativity that I bought a few years ago in Amish country.
My Eskimo nativity. This was hand-painted in Alaska.
3. Do you live in a social neighborhood? If so are you glad? If not do you wish you did?
In a way. We have neighbors we talk to and pretty much everyone waves or says hi when they see you. For the most part, it is cool…
4. As the saying goes, ‘there’s no time like the present’. How does that ring true in your life right now?
I was going to skip doing this post because I was late getting to it, but figured what the heck… and I am doing it anyways.
5. Do you dread Mondays? Why or why not?
YES. It seems the weekend is never long enough to get done everything I need to.
6. Poinsettia, Christmas Cactus, Amaryllis-which on the list is your favorite holiday plant? Are any of these on display in your home right now?
I have always been partial to poinsettias. My dad always would buy me one each Christmas time. I haven’t gotten one yet this year. I probably should do that.
7. Share a favorite quote from a Christmas movie.
“You’ll shoot your eye out!” from A Christmas Story.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Random thought. Random thought. I’ve got nothing today. Stay warm my friends.