Happy Wednesday! It’s time for the Wednesday Hodgepodge! The Hodgepodge is a fun, random question blog hop where Joyce asks the questions and we provide the answers! Want to join in on the fun? Hop over and grab the questions, answer them on your own blog and link up!
1. Thursday (September 22) is the first official day of autumn in this part of the world…how will you welcome the season? I know some of you have been celebrating way too early, but it’s official now so permission granted. House Beautiful recently listed ten ways to make your home smell like fall (you can read the list here) What’s a scent you love this time of year and how will you add it to your home?
I already have all my fall decor out. We did it this weekend. I love this time of year, so if I can extend it a little longer or start a little early, so be it. Of course, the day after Thanksgiving that is all gone and Christmas is everywhere in our house.
I love the smell of all spicy/autumn scents. That’s usually what candles I have going during the whole year. I smelled an amazing candle Monday at a local deli/carryout/bar/store. It was called Warm Vanilla Icing and smelled amazing. I might have to go back and buy it!
2. Apple pie or pumpkin pie? Apple cake or pumpkin bread? Warm apple cider or a pumpkin spice latte?
Hard choices! Pumpkin pie. Apple cake. Warm apple cider.
3. Do you suffer from what is sometimes referred to as an afternoon slump? What helps ward it off before it hits and/or tell us what helps you shake it off once it’s here?
I do sometimes, but not every day. I usually go grab a Diet Pepsi and then get back to work.
4. Ladies-how have your friendships with women inspired you or made you a better person? For the men here today- how have your friendships with men inspired you or made you a better person?
This is an interesting question because in the past I have been more inspired and encouraged by my men friends than by my women friends. I have a couple – and they know who they are – who are quick to respond with a “You can do it!” or “You got this!” when I need encouragement or a pep talk.
5. Are you a people pleaser? If you said yes, do you think that’s a good or bad thing? If you said no, do you wish you were more of a people pleaser?
I am not a people pleaser. I tend to stick with doing the responsible/ethical/logical thing and not kissing butt or doing something of that nature. I don’t know if it is a good thing or bad thing, I guess it just depends on the situation. Right now, in the work situation I am in, I can’t help wonder if I was more of a people pleaser if I would still have a job in the near future… but, on the other hand, that is so completely opposite of my mentality I don’t think I could do it.
6. The seasons are a-changin’…share a favorite song relating in some way to change (not necessarily seasonal change, it could be change of any kind).
The song that immediately popped into my head was Sheryl Crow’s “A Change Will Do You Good.”
7. What do you wish would never change?
My kids’ wonder of the world. They see new things and enjoy new experiences with a complete innocence that I will never, ever be able to recapture.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Several blogging friends have been in touch with me about the job thing… no worries. I have lots of irons in the fire and have a few good options… I will share more when things are finalized. Just keep praying.