Happy Wednesday on Thursday! I am running late this week! So, today on the blog is Wednesday Hodgepodge – that fun, random question blog hop where Joyce asks the questions and we provide the answers. Want to play along? Hop over to visit her blog and answer the questions on your own blog then link up!
1. What’s changed in your life, home, or community since your last birthday?
Well, my last birthday was August 23rd… and since then I’ve been told that the plant that I am the accountant at is being closed and moved to Appleton, Wisconsin.
2. September is Classical Music Month. Do you like/listen to classical music? If so what’s a favorite piece and/or who is a favorite composer?
I can take or leave classical music. I do enjoy some pieces… my favorite, by far, is Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring.
3. Besides The Bible, what’s a book that has positively changed your life, relationships, career, or perspective? How so?
Is Harry Potter a good answer? It is a good reminder that Love is most important.
4. I read (here) these ten hobbies will make you smarter…play a musical instrument, read voraciously, meditate regularly, work out your brain (puzzles, sudoku, board games, etc), exercise often, learn a new language, write your feelings down (blog, journal, just write), travel to new places, cook different kinds of meals, participate in sports actively
Are any on this list your current hobbies? Which hobby on the list would you be most inclined to try?
Well, I read all the time, do puzzles, blog, travel, and cook… so I guess I am smart? I would love to learn a new language.
5. What sports traditions does your family have?
We are die-hard The Ohio State Buckeye and Pittsburgh Steelers fans. Usually, our sports traditions include nachos on Sundays, our team flags hanging outside, and wearing our team jerseys. We used to have a stuffed animal dressed up as a Steeler’s cheerleader but Don felt it brought us bad luck… its now buried in a box somewhere, never to see the light of day again.
6. In a few words, weigh in on the current football/National Anthem brouhaha. Keep it family friendly please.
You know, people are risking their lives for our freedom… whether you agree with whatever is going on… stand your butt up. Some people don’t have the option to stand up in respect because they lost their lives fighting for your stupid butt.
7. Where do you have loads of patience, and where do you most lack patience?
When it comes to getting my kids to do something they don’t want to do… I just want to scream!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Last week this time I was relaxing on a beach in 90+ degree weather… now I am back in Ohio. Bleh.