So, today is Wednesday and it’s normally time for the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Except, Joy is taking a break this week for Christmas. But, I didn’t plan anything else for today. Since I missed last week’s Hodgepodge, I thought I would just answer the questions from last week, this week. Confusing, right? I give you the answers to last week’s Wednesday Hodgepodge… late.
1. What’s your biggest ‘first world’ problem?
Right now, it is trying to find a stupid case to fit my iPhone 5c. Everyplace I have been has them for iPhone 4’s and iPhone 6’s… but not iPhone 5’s. I am only going to have this phone until summer, so I really don’t want to fork over a bunch of money to buy one and I have been banned from Amazon until after Christmas because Don ordered my Christmas gift under my Prime account… so, instead I keep using my phone and getting my hair caught in the cracks. First world problem? I think so.
2. Each year Time Magazine names a ‘Person of the Year’, someone who has ‘for better or worse…done the most to influence the events of the year.’ It was recently announced they’ve named Angela Merkel Person of the Year for 2015. You can read more about this year’s selection here. Your thoughts? If you were in charge, who would you declare Person of the Year?
You know, I am good with their choice. I was kinda worried that it was going to be someone stupid… like Lamar Odom or Caitlyn Jenner. So, them choosing someone who has actually been influential is a good thing. Whether Angela Merkel was the best choice, I don’t know… I am sure others have done just as much to influence 2015.
3. Do you have a nativity set in your home? If so share it’s history and how you display the pieces.
Do I have a nativity scene? I have 27 of them. I collect them… especially if they are interesting or unique. Probably the one that I love the most is the one I bought in Amish Country awhile back. It is all Amish people and Jesus is covered with a quilt. I love it.
4. Do you make an extra effort to give back in some way during the holiday season? How do you encourage those who need encouragement this time of year?
I try to give back throughout the year, so Christmas is really no different. Even when I am ready to kill someone at the store because they are so rude and hateful during the Christmas shopping season, I always try to be polite and nice to the clerks and cashiers. They are working and dealing with all the crazy people during the season and I truly feel sorry for them.
5. Who is your favorite person to shop for? Why?
I’d have to say my kids. They always ask for the craziest things… this year Mo wanted a horse and saddle. I asked her where we would keep it and she said in her room and let it out to potty like we do the dog. All I could see in my mind was this huge horse traipsing thru our living room to the backdoor.
6. What’s the last delicious thing you ate?
Yesterday, I broke down and went to Steak and Shake for lunch and had a Mushroom Swiss Burger… oh my. So very delicious.
7. The best way to spread Christmas cheer is________________.
Remember that everyone is stressed or dealing with other issues this time of year… just smile and wish them a Merry Christmas.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I love Christmas but I am really not feeling it this year…. the weather is 50 degrees outside… it seems more like spring. I’m not too crazy about snow, but at least some below 30 degree weather would be good for Christmas. I think Santa is coming on his bicycle this year.