Happy tax day! You’ve done your taxes, right? Right? I was up all night with Bo who was sick and now I am not feeling the greatest. I am hoping it is just a cold. I presented my thesis Monday night and I think I did really well… even though my slides got all wonky on me. Our professor loaded them into the computer and they started blinking and stuff was disappearing while I was talking. I just kept on going… I didn’t have a choice.
Since it is Wednesday, it means it is time for the Wednesday Hodgepodge! Check out my answers to Joyce’s questions and join in on all the fun!
1. Speaking of April 15th…what’s the most ‘taxing’ thing you’ve done recently?
Written my thesis.
2. When did you last take a taxi somewhere and where was that somewhere?
The last time I took a taxi was in Chicago several years ago when my friend from California met me there. We went to the science museum.
3. What’s something you can do today that you couldn’t do a year ago?
Enjoy my job.
4. How often is chicken (in some form or fashion) on your menu at home? Which of the following would you most like to see on your table tonight…a chicken salad sandwich, your mom’s fried chicken, a Chick-fil-A meal, Cracker Barrel’s chicken n’ dumplings, a roast chicken dinner with all the trimmings, or ‘hold the chicken, I’m a vegetarian’…?
Several times a week. I wish I could say the Chick-fil-A meal or the chicken n’ dumplings (both of which I have the copy-cat recipes for) but tonight we are having bacon onion Swiss pork chops. But, if you want delicious chicken, check out my recipe from yesterday!
5. What was your favorite television program when you were a kid? What characters do you remember the most?
Ummmmm. WKRP! My dad used to let me watch it with him. I loved Dr. Johnny Fever. If I can find reruns, I always watch them and remember sitting on my dad’s lap watching them when I was a kid.
6. What was the last piece of ‘art’ you made?
I had to show Bo how to make these suns for art class and I drew one to show him how easy it was… (cough, cough… it wasn’t.)
7. What frustrates you most about the Internet?
The lag we have at home because of living in a town that doesn’t know what wifi is…
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have turned in my thesis…. I am done. Now, I need a hobby… any suggestions?