Happy Birthday to my sweet babies! Of course, they are not babies anymore. They are 6 today! Where did the time go! Lots of festivities planned for tonight and Saturday, but first we have to get to the Wednesday Hodgepodge!
1. This coming weekend is Palm Sunday, which marks the beginning of Holy Week. Do you celebrate Easter in your home? What was your favorite Easter tradition as a child?
We do celebrate Easter. We are a little non-traditional. The first year the kids were born I was dying to get out of the house so we ran up to the lake and ate lunch and fed the ducks on Easter Sunday. Its kinda become our “thing”. So, each Easter we head up north to the local lake, eat and feed the ducks. Growing up, my favorite Easter tradition was always getting a new spring outfit and a big floppy hat.
2. George Weinberg is quoted as saying, ‘Hope never abandons you, you abandon it.’ Agree or disagree? Share your own thoughts on the word hope.
I think people give up hope all the time. It is sad. You have to have hope for everything.
3. Weigh in with a yay or nay on the traditional Easter candies. A solid milk chocolate bunny? Cadbury Creme Eggs? Peeps? Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs? Jellybeans? Coconut Cream Eggs? Of the candies listed, which one would you most like to find in your Easter basket?
Cadbury Creme Eggs. The first one of the year is always the best… the other ones just don’t beat that first taste. As for my Easter basket, it would have to be peanut butter eggs.
4. When did you last feel ‘like a kid in a candy store’?
The last time I went to Hobby Lobby.
5. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? Does that bother you? Does it bother other people?
I know I saw some words differently than other people. I have a hard time pronouncing them. It bothers me when people point it out or make fun of me. I could care less if it bothers others.
6. Palm Springs CA, Palm Beach FL, or the PALMetto State…of the three mentioned, which sunny spot would you most like to visit right now? Which have you visited at one time or another?
South Carolina (the Palmetto State). I have never been there and have heard it is beautiful. I don’t think I have been to any of them.
7. If you could change the length of a day would you lengthen it or shorten it? Tell us why.
I would lengthen it so I could spend more time with my kids.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Six years ago today, I looked like this before we left for the hospital. Being pregnant with twins isn’t pretty. You can read the story here and here – yes, my birth story is a two-parter. You can also read about how proud I am of my belly here.