Happy day before Thanksgiving! So, does that make this pre-turkey day? Hmmm… Something to think about. While you read this, I will be struggling through my first month close by myself at work. The woman who is retiring is taking the day off to spend time with family and she is leaving me the reins. AAHHHHHH! But, enough of that… let’s get to the 199th volume (next week’s 200!) of the Wednesday Hodgepodge!
1. Besides U.S. Thanksgiving, it’s also National Game and Puzzle Week…what game have you played most recently, and who were you with? Have you worked a puzzle of any kind in the past week?
I played Electronic Monopoly with the kids on Saturday. I haven’t done a puzzle in a couple of months.
2. What is one place you were thankful for this year?
My new job.
3. Take a nap, watch football, go for an after dinner walk, or hit the stores…which ONE is on your must-do list for Thanksgiving day? For those of you playing along who aren’t in the US, answer as it relates to any big holiday meal.
Take a nap.
4. Besides Thanksgiving, what’s your favorite home cooked meal?
Hmmmmm. I’d have to say my husband’s enchiladas.
5. What product from an infomercial would you most like to own?
That Wen hair stuff.
6. Christmas shopping? Have you begun? Finished? Will you shop on Black Friday? How do you feel about stores opening on Thanksgiving Day? What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done online?
Yes. I have started. I am not finished. Heck no will I go out on Black Friday. I think it is stupid that stores are open on Thanksgiving. Those people need to be able to spend time with their family. I probably doing about 30% of my shopping online for Christmas.
7. What are you most grateful for that adds beauty to your everyday life?
My children’s laughter.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I sure hope I can get through today by myself.