Happy Wednesday! I hope you are keeping warm wherever you are. It’s bitterly cold (at least to me) in Ohio right now. I am ready for Spring. I am super-excited for tonight. I am heading over to Columbus with the family. I am being inducted into Sigma Beta Delta… International Honor Society for business students. I can’t wait! Well, I guess I should quit yaking and get with Wednesday Hodgepodge, huh? Let’s go…
1. What’s something you take for granted, that when you stop and think about it you feel truly grateful for?
2. The color brown-love it or no? What’s your favorite shade of brown? Most loved something in your home or closet in a shade of brown?
Ehhhh. It is okay. I am more of a black person. I like dark chocolate brown. I have this really warm sweater with a cowl neck that I absolutely love.
3. What’s something you’re looking forward to today?
Being inducted into Sigma Beta Delta.
4. The word ‘feminism’ is not new, but it has been generating all kinds of headlines in recent days and months. What do you think/feel when you hear the word? If you’re a woman, do you want to be described as a feminist? Why or why not?
Growing up as a “car chick” and then becoming a drag racer in a male dominated sport, feminism has always bothered me. Why should it matter if you are a boy or girl? I have been called a feminist before. I am proud to accept that title. I truly believe a glass ceiling exists in business, that needs to be shattered. I truly believe that women do not get the respect they deserve is sports. I truly believe little girls are not taught and raised the same as little boys. So, yes, I want to be known as a feminist. I want my daughter to grow up knowing she can do anything she wants, whether it is a “male” activity or profession or not. I am a feminist, and proud of it.
5. What’s something you personally can’t eat without making a mess?
Well, if we asked my friend Betsy, she would say Mexican. I always spill salsa on my shirt when we go.
6. When did you last surprise someone with a little gift or when were you last surprised by someone with a little gift? What was it?
A couple of weeks ago, I bought the kids Electronic Monopoly as a surprise.
7. Share a favorite quote, saying, song lyric or scripture relating to gratitude.
Gratitude is the sign of noble souls. ~ Aesop
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I wanted to share this picture I took last night. The kids and I were playing Monopoly and we had a bowl of Cheez-Its in the center of the board that we were snacking on. The dog laid down trying to get some and it looked like he was playing the game with us.
Have a great day!