Last night, Mo scored her first goal in soccer! We were so proud of her. She was adorable. She kicked it in and everyone started cheering and she kinda turned around and looked like “What?” Of course, I didn’t have my camera because I had to rush to the game from work… but, the look on her face was priceless. Today is Hump Day, which means it is time for the Wednesday Hodgepodge… so read on and have some fun!
1. Joyce is celebrating a birthday this week so a question relating to aging feels appropriate. Douglas MacArthur is quoted as saying, ‘You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair.” Would you agree? If not why not?
That is way too much to comprehend early in the morning. I would agree just because I know attitude, self-confidence, and humor are what keeps you young.
2. What remarkable feat, interesting piece of trivia, or historical event occurred on your birth day and month? Not necessarily in your birthyear, just the same date/same month.
I had to look this up… On August 23, 1993 the Dow Jones index reached a record high of 3,638.96 points.
3. Describe a time or circumstance where you wanted to ‘have your cake and eat it too.‘
This past weekend when I wanted to pack the kids up – after our visit to the doctor for antibiotics – and still drive up to Amish Country.
4. What’s something you do that makes you feel young? Something that makes you feel old?
Laughing always makes me feel young. Anyone that calls me “ma’am” makes me feel old! As well as realizing the music I listen to is now on the classical rock shelves at the store.
5. When did you last do something that was ‘a piece of cake’?
Probably making an Amish dress for Mo’s dolls. I had to adapt a pattern and then create an apron… and I was surprised how easy it was – and it turned out nice the first try!
6. Beef, wine, and cheese all improve with age. What’s something else you’d add to that list? (not necessarily food or beverage)
7. If I were to have a giveaway when we hit Volume 200, what should I give away? By my calculations we’ll hit Volume 200 on November 26th, the day before Thanksgiving, which means whoever wins would have whatever it is in time for Christmas.
Maybe a really cool Christmas ornament!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This class I am taking this trimester – Enterprise Risk Management – is KILLING me.[php snippet=3]