It is hump day! Happy Wednesday! That means it is time for Wednesday Hodgepodge! If you have never joined in, the Hodgepodge is a fun, random list of questions each week that Joyce posts for us to answer. Once you answer the questions on your blog, hop back over to Joyce’s post and link up! It’s tons of fun and you don’t have to strain your brain on a Wednesday!
1. I’ve read several posts and status updates recently describing end of year school field trips. Do you remember taking school field trips as a kid? Where did you go and do you recall a favorite? For any parents responding today, have you ever chaperoned a school field trip, and if so where?
I do remember taking field trips as a kid. I remember going to the Masonic Temple in Dayton to hear the Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra play. I also remember going to John Bryant State Park for a environmental science field trip. I was in band, so we did a lot of “field trips” to concerts at the mall and band competitions. Probably my favorite – there are several – is our band trip to Disney in Florida. We had band competitions and concerts – all of which we took 1st place in. We also got to lead the noon parade at Disney.
2. What’s something you’re tired of seeing online?
Advertisements for “miracle cures” for cancer. After losing my mother-in-law to breast cancer, and Don having colon cancer surgery – it frustrates me. I know how desperate people get, but to believe some of the outlandish stuff that is out there. It makes me crazy. Okay, I am off my soap box. Really. Well, at least for now…
3. June is the month for roses. Which of the following expressions would you say has most recently applied to your life-‘everything’s coming up roses’, ‘there’s no rose without a thorn’, ‘came out smelling like a rose’, or ‘wearing rose-colored glasses’?
Hmmmm. Probably everything’s coming up roses. Things are going good right now. Now, I have the Poison song stuck in my head …”every rose has its thorn…”
4. When grilling outdoors do you prefer gas or charcoal? Who does the grilling at your house? What’s the last thing you ate that was cooked on a grill?
I love the taste of food grilled over charcoal and we have a charcoal grill right now. But, the ease and quickness of a gas grill… makes me want to switch again. (I go through this every few years.) Don usually does the grilling at our house. The last thing we ate that was grilled was steak for our Saturday-night date night. It was damn good.
5. Are you afraid of the dark?
Oh my yes. I’ve gotten better though. I used to sleep with the hallway and/or bathroom light on, up to a few years ago. Now, we just have the aquarium light on and I am good.
6. Share a favorite song with a number in it’s title.
“I got it, (I got it), I got it
I got your number on the wall
I got it, (I got it), I got it
For a good time, for a good time call”
7. “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.”(C.G. Jung). Do you agree? Why or why not?
I agree. The things that irritate you about others are usually the things that you don’t like about yourself.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Talking to Mom (Nana) last night, she told me that there are no 3rd graders registered for VBS at our church. I am so bummed. We are doing the Agency D3 theme and I had all this cool stuff planned. This is the first year we taught 3rd grade. I hope some kids register soon.[php snippet=3]