Happy Hump Day, my friends! It’s time for Volume 121 of the Hodgepodge. If you have never joined in on the fun, copy the questions over at Joyce’s and answer them and link up… its lots of fun and we’d love to have you.
1. April 15th is the deadline for Americans to file their state and federal income tax returns. What’s a job you do on a regular basis that could be described as ‘taxing’?
Accounting. LOL. Sorry, a little accountant humor. Let’s see… I would have to say reconciling the credit card bank account at work. Its become massive and its very hard to reconcile. As in, I’d-rather-go-get-a-tooth-pulled-than-reconcile-the-account taxing.
2. Joyce is participating in the April A-Z blog challenge, and the Hodgepodge happens to fall on Day O this week. In keeping with that theme…olives, onions, oysters, okra…of the foods mentioned, what’s your favorite O food?
Hmmmm… some burnt okra with hot sauce, yummy! I also like olives and onions.
3. What is something memorable you experienced as a child that your own children (or future children/nieces/nephews) will not get to experience?
How upset you would be when your favorite tape would come unwound when you ejected it and you would have to carefully twist it up with a pencil to fix it. Or, writing papers by hand… I remember entering this essay contest (that I won, by the way) on American Indians… and I had to write the entire thing by hand on notebook paper.
4. Term limits for our elected officials…your thoughts?
Definitely. I also think everyone–including the President– should be elected by popular vote, not the electoral college.
5. On April 18th, 1775, Paul Revere made his famous ‘midnight ride’…when did you last make a midnight ride? Perhaps the fate of a nation wasn’t hanging in the balance, but tell us where you were headed anyway.
It wasn’t my most recent, but probably the most memorable was when my race car backfired through the carburetor and my fiberglass hood caught on fire. I was mad I didn’t get to race so a friend of mine picked me up at the track and we headed to Cincinnati to another race track. Spent some time there and then headed to Knoxville for giggles. Literally… middle of the night… we get off the exit in Knoxville, Tennessee and get right back on the exit and head home. Which, no one would have been the wiser if SOMEONE wouldn’t have taken the wrong exit and we ended up in Indiana in the middle of nowhere.
The conversation when my dad called, went something like this:
Dad: Where are you?
Me: Uh… Knoxville, Tennessee.
Me: Knoxville, Tennessee.
Dad: Get your ass home now.
I got home at around 8 in the morning, bone tired… he made me go to Church and wouldn’t let me go to bed as punishment. LOL.
6. What would freak you out more…a mouse running across your floor or a big fat hairy spider?
Well, seeing as I have had a mouse run across my bare foot in the middle of the night one night while I was in the kitchen… I’d have to say a big, fat hairy spider might do me in.
7. I love it when people ask me________________________?
How old I am. I don’t look as old as I am… and people get confused because of all I have done and they can’t really decide how old I truly am. I have accomplished alot in my years, so they assume I am older… but I look younger than I really am, and it throws them off. How old do you think I am? Leave me a comment!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Just for the record. I am the worst mommy in the entire world…. the entire universe. Saturday, I was cleaning out the kids’ fish tank and had a massive sinus headache. I decided to lay down when I was done and took a nap. I woke up to Mo saying “Shhhhh. The fishes are sleeping.” I jumped out of bed and went running into their bedroom. Three of the four fish were “sleeping” permanently. CRAP. I forgot to add the chemicals to the water after I did the water change. I had to explain to the kids that I made a mistake and the fish had died and gone to heaven with Uncle Jeff for his aquarium. Mo’s response was, “It’s okay Mommy, it was just an accident. Accidents happen.” WORST. MOMMY. EVER.
Note: the sole survivor of the mass fish murder isn’t looking too good either.
[php snippet=3] [php snippet=8]