It’s Wednesday. The week is half-over, thank goodness. Of course, I have a paper do tomorrow night that I am only half done with… so, that’s not too cool. And, I have class tonight so I won’t be able to work on it. I’m seeing a late night cram session in my future. It’s time for Wednesday Hodgepodge… volume 119. Just a reminder, next week is “spring break” from the Hodgepodge, so come back on April 10th for the next edition. Now, without further adieu…
1. What are your plans for Easter? Are you cooking a big lunch or dinner? Dyeing eggs? Attending a sun rise service? Eating too much chocolate?
We are coloring eggs this Saturday. Bo hates it though, so he usually just watches it or plays with something else. Ever since the kids were babies, on Easter Sunday we head up to the lake which is about 20 minutes from our house. We eat at McDonalds right on the water and then go out to the dock and feed the ducks and fish.
2. What is something you feel too young to do?
I feel too young to be as old as I am.
3. “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud…it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs…” Of the characteristics mentioned in the biblical definition of love which do you find most difficult to live out and why?
Definitely not easily angered. I have a quick temper… especially when the Hubs pisses me off. (Sorry honey…)
4. What’s a springtime flower you associate with your childhood?
It isn’t a flower, really. But, the forsythia bush in our backyard. It was huge. I always knew when the flowers were yellow on it, spring was right around the corner. I actually planted one in my yard just because of that.
5. Ever sung karaoke? If so, what’s your go-to song? If not and you’re given the opportunity, would you?
Not in public. My brother and I used to sing– with a karaoke machine– American Pie by Don McLean. Repeatedly. The game was that if you screwed up a lyric, you had to start all over again. This usually occurred late at night and was punctuated with my dad screaming from bed, “TURN THAT S*%T DOWN!” So, needless to say… I know every word to the song now. I don’t know if I would ever do it in front of anyone though…
6. What is something you keep in a basket?
My marbles? LOL. Hmmmm….. I have a handmade basket right beside my bed that has a nail file, cuticle cream, ink pen, and a calculator in it. Someone from Church made it as a wedding shower present for me. I also have a big basket in the kitchen that holds our bills and receipts. Seriously, don’t ask about the calculator… I am not really sure why its in the basket by my bed.
7. When was the last time you felt foolish?
Saturday at the kids’ birthday party. A good friend of ours is going through a rough time and the Hubs told me he had lost a lot of weight– like 30 pounds. He wasn’t “big” by any means before the weight loss. He tapped me on the arm and I turned around and the first words out of my mouth were, “Holy crap, you look like hell.” I guess someone forgot to turn the verbal filter on that morning. I felt so bad… I cried on and off all day.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The kids and I are so excited. I took Good Friday off and for lunch we are going to the Hub’s work to eat with him and Uncle B. Another good friend is coming as well. The kids are all excited to eat lunch with daddy at work. We’ve been there before– even back where he works to see the things he does and ate in the cafeteria with him, but for some reason they are all stoked about this visit… I guess because they are older.