This is the final February Hodgepodge! Where in the world did the month go? Not good in the accounting world. Check out my answers and hop over to the blog hop and check out some more. Make sure you join in on the fun next week!
1. When were you last facing an ocean? Using just ONE word, describe how you felt as you faced that ocean.
2. What are three sounds you hate to hear?
Teeth grinding. Repetitive tapping or other noise. Power saws cutting wood.
3. This question comes to you courtesy of some real life friends. Hi real life friends! When you shop for yourself, do you try everything on in the store before buying or do you buy, try on at home, and then return what you don’t like or what doesn’t fit?
I usually try everything on at the store. Get depressed. Put everything back. And, buy a purse. I hate clothes shopping.
4. February 26th is National Pistachio Day…are you a fan of the little green nut? Do you use them in cooking and baking or prefer to eat them right out of the shell?
I love pistachios. I eat them right out of the shell. They have to be salted though.
5. When did you last have to compromise with someone? Were you happy to reach the compromise or slightly irritated it was necessary?
I have soon-to-be 4 year olds. I compromise every 10 minutes.
6. Have you ever written a letter to an elected official? Did you get a response?
I don’t think I have ever written an elected official per se, but I did email the director of the NHRA Division 3 when I was in high school. I had a rule book and had intentions to start racing, but back then they didn’t specifically have a class for high schoolers. I wanted to know what the requirements were. He actually took the time to write me back– by hand– and gave me all the requirements and the specifics. He even wished me luck and said he looked forward to seeing me at Bracket Finals one day. Yeah, that’s the way I roll…
7. We ‘March’ into a new month at the end of this week…what’s something on your March calendar guaranteed to make you smile?
The twin’s 4th birthday is March 25th. Can’t wait.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My mother-in-law is heading out March 8th for Springer Mountain in Georgia. She is thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail. I am so very excited for her. I have been doing some reading online… on top of a couple of books I have already read. (If you have never read The Barefoot Sisters: Walking Home and The Barefoot Sisters: Southbound— I highly recommend them.) Its going to be a long journey… but, I have complete faith that she will make it to Maine… and we are going to be there when she gets there. I can’t wait! I’ve been trying to find maps online that the kids can follow along with as she checks in… which, is harder than you think! Everyone wants money or the maps aren’t very good. So, that’s rather annoying. Anyways… enough rambling. Please say some prayers for her to keep her safe and healthy. You can do it Yia-Yia!