It’s Wednesday. Half-way to the weekend and time for Volume 112 of the Wednesday Hodgepodge. So, check out my answers and hop around and check out some more… and, next week… why don’t you play along? It’s loads of fun!
1. Chinese New Year will be celebrated on February 10th, and 2013 is the year of the snake. When did you last see a snake? Are you okay around snakes or do they give you the shivers?
The last time I saw a snake was at my friend’s house. She has a HUGE boa– albino something or something. Scared the living crap out of me. This thing was like the size of my thigh…very very scary with beady little orange eyes. I. HATE. SNAKES. They don’t give me the shivers… they give me a full-on panic attack.
2. The color red in Chinese culture usually means good luck. Do you believe in luck?
Yes, I believe in luck. I used to drag race. Drag racing is 10% equipment, 25% skill and 65% luck.
3. sledding-ice skating-building a snowman…if given a choice, which activity would you choose? Which of the three have you done most recently?
Definitely sledding. I have never been ice skating and have no desire to go. I honestly never had any luck building a snowman either. Most recently, I’d have to say sledding… and that was YEARS ago.
4. Ralph Waldo Emerson is credited as saying, “The years teach much which the days never knew.” Where have you seen this quote played out in your own life?
I’d have to say in my entire take on life. Years ago, I tended to take each day for granted. Everything was great. I was invincible. Then, my dad and brother died- both unexpectedly. I’ve learned, since then, that you are only guaranteed the exact moment you are living in at any given time. There are no promises for the next minute, the next year, or the next 10 years. You need to live life as if every day was your last.
5. When was the last time you ate a cupcake?
At a birthday party over the summer. Cupcakes are my favorite. So, its pretty darn sad. A guy here at work and I keep saying we are going to quit our jobs and bake cupcakes using an Easy Bake oven in the cafeteria and make millions… too bad I’d probably eat all the profits.
6. What’s something you can’t say no to?
7. Are you a doodler?
When I am on the phone, I tend to draw and doodle. Nothing great… usually just flowers and cris-cross lines, and stuff like that.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I broke down and did it folks. We were invited to Castaway Bay for a Blogger Event and I needed a new swim suit. The last new suit I bought was right after I had the kids– 3.5 years ago. I broke down and bought one. Without trying it on. (Let’s not talk about how THAT creeps me out!) It is super-cute, very Marilyn Monroe-esque. Black, halter top. If only, I looked like Marilyn Monroe in it…