I am a big meat eater (heck, look at me…). I am not big on vegetarian fare, but every once in awhile I like to try something new. I have never made stuffed peppers without some sort of meat… but, my ground turkey was outdated so I decided to try these meatless. Delicious. These vegetarian stuffed peppers are definitely going into the lineup at our house… make extras, they are even better the next day!
- 2 large bell peppers
- 1 package herb rice and vermicelli mix
- 1 small can tomato sauce, divided
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut peppers down center along stem. Remove seeds and membranes.
- Place peppers, cut side down, in a baking dish prepared with cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes until peppers are tender.
- Prepare rice mix as directed. When done, stir in ½ can of tomato sauce (4 ounces) and diced tomatoes. Combine.
- Add seasonings to rice and tomato mix, stir well.
- Remove from peppers from oven. Turn over peppers and stuff with ¼ of rice mixture.
- Pour remaining tomato sauce on top of rice and peppers. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
Tags: Easy Recipes, Main Dishes, Recipes