This is one of those recipe creations I tend to come up with in a rush. I had gotten home late from work one day and just started throwing stuff in the pot… boy, was I surprised! Enjoy!
Tasty Tuesday: Southwest Goulash
Author: Julia – Mom on the Run x2
- 2 large cans (plain) tomato sauce
- 1 jar salsa, your choice of heat
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 box rotini or other pasta shape
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chili powder, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Onion powder, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- In skillet, brown ground turkey and onion, until turkey is no longer pink.
- While cooking, boil pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- In large pot, combine all remaining ingredients. Stir well.
- Spoon turkey mixture into pot and stir to incorporate.
- Add pasta and combine well.
- Cook on medium to low heat until warm.