This is a quick and easy breakfast-for-dinner recipe. The Outback Omelet combines the deliciousness of an omelet with sausage and chili to make a great meal! Feel free to add any additional toppings to customize it… jalapenos are great on top!
Tasty Tuesday: Outback Omelet
Recipe Type: Main
- 6 eggs
- 4 Tbs milk
- 1/2 lb ground sausage
- 4 ounces shredded cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can chili, no beans
- Other toppings, optional
- Brown sausage in skillet until no longer pink. Remove from heat, drain, and place sausage in separate bowl.
- Whisk 3 eggs and 2 Tbs milk together. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Reheat skillet to medium-low heat, and pour in egg mixture.
- Cook egg mixture until the omelet is just set.
- Meanwhile, heat chili in separate saucepan until hot.
- Place 1 ounce of cheese on one side of the omelet. Top with 1/2 the sausage. Top sausage with another ounce of cheese.
- Fold omelet over on itself and allow to heat until cheese is melted.
- Place omelet on plate and top with 1/2 of chili.
- Garnish with extra toppings, if desired (tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, etc).
- Repeat process to make second omelet.