This is a quick and easy pizza dish. You can easily customize it with your own toppings. We used to sometimes have all the toppings ready and would make it when we got home from the race tracks on Saturday nights. This is definitely a “fork” pizza and keep plenty napkins on hand!
- 2 tubes crescent rolls
- 2 regular cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 pound ground beef OR turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- dried oregano, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- spray oil
- Heat oven to temperature required on crescent rolls.
- Spray 13 x 9" baking dish with spray oil. Unroll crescent rolls from tube. Do not separate.
- Arrange in bottom and up sides of the baking dish. Using your fingers, seal any "seams" together.
- Meanwhile, brown meat and onion until no longer pink. Drain well.
- Mix tomatoes, seasonings and meat together in skillet.
- Bake crescent rolls for half the time required on the package. Remove from oven and pierce any bubbles with a fork.
- Layer cheese evenly over dough.
- Spread tomato-meat mixture over top of cheese.
- Bake remaining time required for the crescent rolls.
Linking up: Tempt My Tummy Tuesday