This is my new recipe for country fried steak. Oh so yummy. Total comfort food.
Country Fried Steak
Author: Julia - Mom on the Run x2
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 2 - 1 ounce packages dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 egg
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 envelopes country gravy mix
- vegetable or canola oil
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 lb cube steaks
- In large bowl, combine flour, one dressing packet, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine milk, beaten egg, and second dressing packet. Soak cube steaks in mixture.
- While steaks are soaking, make gravy according to envelope directions, substituting chicken broth for some of the liquid.
- One by one, add cube steaks to flour bowl, coat well.
- Dip steak back into milk mixture and then again into flour mixture. Coat well, again.
- In deep skillet, heat ½ inch of oil to 350 degrees; fry steaks for about 5-6 minutes on each side; or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with gravy and mashed potatoes.
Linking up: The Empowered Living Blog HopTags: Recipes