Brrrr. I don’t know about you, but today I could feel the chill in the air when I left the house this morning. Autumn is on its way. Football games, tailgate parties, cozy blankets, and crisp air. My favorite season! One of my favorite things to do during the chilly Autumn season is to cook meals in my Crockpot so the whole house smells yummy and inviting… and I can laze the day away with a warm blanket and a good book.
Since the crispness is there today, I am going to share a delicious bonus recipe today for Slow Cooker Spicy Macaroni and Cheese, courtesy of our friends at Red Gold®! Of course, I had to tweak this a bit – we all know I like my foods hot! But, even if you don’t add the jalapenos like we did, this is a delicious and whole-meal recipe that is so simple to make!
- Serves: 8
- Serving size: ⅛
- Calories: 370
- Fat: 21
- Trans fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 34
- Sodium: 680
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 14
- Cholesterol: 75
- 2 cups pasta of choice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces processed American cheese, cut into cubes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup low fat milk
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Red Gold® Petite Diced Tomatoes With Green Chilies, drained or 2 (10 ounce) cans Red Gold® Petite Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies (10 Oz), drained
- Jalapenos, to taste (optional) (Julia's modification!)
- Place the uncooked pasta in the bottom of a 3.5-qt. crock pot that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except RED GOLD® PETITE DICED TOMATOES with GREEN CHILIES, to the slow cooker and stir until well combined.
- Cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Just before serving add RED GOLD® PETITE DICED TOMATOES with GREEN CHILIES and jalapenos (if desired); stir to combine.
If this Spicy Macaroni and Cheese isn’t your speed, check out the other great recipes on Red Gold’s® website! Yummy!
In exchange for this post, I received a complimentary Red Gold® products to use in my recipe. All opinions and statements are my own and were not influenced in any way by the compensation received. Please see my disclosure for more information.