Savory Chicken and Rice – a delicious and quick busy weeknight dinner. Super easy and a sneaky way to get some vegetables in your family’s diet. (Not that you have to sneak, right?) You can even cheat (I won’t tell) and use a store-bough rotisserie chicken or canned chicken. Enjoy!
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1-1/2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can sliced carrots, drained
- 1-2/3 cups water
- 1 package long grain and wild rice mix with herbs
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook chicken until no longer pink.
- Add mushrooms and saute until tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, including rice seasoning mix.
- Heat to boiling and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and simmer an additional 3 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
Want some more yummy recipes like Savory Chicken and Rice? Check out my recipe page!