My sausage pasta toss is another recipe I just threw together one evening for dinner. Very yummy and perfect for using up extra veggies from your garden! This would be delicious with squash or zucchini also… of course, I didn’t have any luck with my zucchini this year, but that’s another story! Hope you enjoy this one!
- 1 pound kielbasa or polish sausage
- 1 box pasta of choice
- 2 green peppers, roughly chopped
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 5-6 sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, place chopped onions and green peppers on a piece of aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray. Broil for 5-10 minutes until veggies begin to brown.
- Drain pasta. In pasta pot, add sliced sausage and cook on medium-low heat until heated through.
- Add pasta, vegetables and sun-dried tomatoes to pot. Stir to incorporate.
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, and the Italian seasoning.
- Toss to coat pasta lightly with oil.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese before serving.