Check out this super cute retro camper birthday card! A friend of mine at work camps and when I was in search of a birthday card to enter in the fair, I stumbled across a camper card and decided to create something similar. I have always loved those retro, teal campers so I knew the color scheme would be perfect on the card. However, choose colors that your recipient loves to make it even more special!
Retro Camper Birthday Card
- 8.5 x 11″ white card stock, quantity 2
- 3 x 6″ teal card stock
- 3 x 3″ striped card stock
- 3 x 3″ grey card stock
- Black scraps
- 1/2″ circle punch
- 1.5″ circle punch
- 1″ square punch
- Paper cutter, optional
- Scoring board and score tool, optional
- Silver glitter washi tape
- Happy Birthday and/or sentiment
- Ink pad
- If desired, score one sheet of white and the teal card stock on the scoreboard at 1/2″ increments.
- Determine how big you want your camper to be, free-cut the camper shape from the white card stock. The shape I chose was an oval, with flattened ends, then narrowed down the top of one end of the oval.
- Adhere the teal card stock a little less than halfway up the white camper shape. Turn the camper over and use scissors to trim the teal up to the white.
- Place washi tape over the “seam” where the white and teal meet on the front. Trim ends to card.
- From the second sheet of white card stock, cut the door to be proportionate to the size of your camper – approximately 3/4″ from the top of the camper and 1/2″ from the bottom.
- Attach a small strip of printed card stock to the bottom of the door.
- Adhere door to camper.
- Punch three squares from grey card stock. Adhere windows to either side of door. Using paper cutter or scissors, trim the third square to be proportionate to door.
- Stamp Happy Birthday to door window and set aside.
- Punch 1.5″ black circle from black and 1/2″ circle from grey. Adhere small circle to larger circle. Adhere to back portion of camper for a wheel.
- From striped card stock, cut two window awning 1.25″ x 1.75″. Fold the window awning at 1.5″ and 1.25″. Adhere to top of window along first fold.
- Attach rhinestones to window awnings, door kick plate, and for a doorknob.
- Adhere window to door.
- Stamp sentiment, if using, to scrap piece of teal. Set aside to dry.
- From black scraps, cut a narrow strip to make tow bars. Fold in half in a V-shape. Adhere open ends to back of camper, with bottom of V sticking out.
- Adhere sentiment to front of card.
- From second sheet of white card stock, determine an appropriate-sized card to cut, without showing from front. Cut card, fold in half, and attached to back of camper.
Since this is a an odd-shaped card, you will either have to make your own envelope to fit or create the card size to fit in an envelope you have already. You could also just hand the card to the person without an envelope.
We now no longer camp as for a night, but have settled down on earth and forgotten heaven.
Quote by Henry David ThoreauTags: Card making, Crafts, Scrapbooking