The Cure Starts Now and Graeter’s annual fundraiser “Cones for the Cure” is in full swing in their quest for a home run for cancer. But, you might be wondering what Cones for the Cure is or why you should visit your local Graeter’s and make a small donation to the fundraiser. Well, that’s what I am here for… for today’s Monday Manifest, I will be sharing reasons to Support Cones for the Cure. Ready? Let’s go…
Monday Manifest: Reasons to Support Cones for the Cure
- Free ice cream twice during the two week fundraiser! Okay, so that is pretty cool. Head over to participating Graeter’s in Dayton, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Chicago, Columbus, Indianapolis, Lexington, Louisville, or Pittsburgh locations to grab your scoop of Elena’s Blueberry Pie ice cream!
- Cones for the Cure is raising money to fund research to find a cure for pediatric cancer.
- In the last 7 years, Cones for the Cure has raised over $2 million dollars for cancer research!
- You can make a $1 or $5 donation at Graeter’s to help! Bonus: Graeter’s will give you a coupon book worth $20 with your $5 donation!
- While one free ice cream day has passed, there is another free ice cream day coming up… and I know when it is.
- There is a fun social media photo contest that you can enter by tagging your photos with #conesforthecure – think fun, unique ways to show your love for Graeter’s ice cream! You might when a Graeter’s Ultimate Prize Pack! Make sure you follow Cones for the Cure on Facebook!
- Cones for the Cure was created as a tribute to a 6 year old girl named Elena who lost her battle with pediatric brain cancer. And, yep… Elena’s Blueberry Pie ice cream is named for her!
- The proceeds of every purchased scoop of Elena’s Blueberry Pie ice cream goes to Cones for the Cure!
- Did I mention the free ice cream day? And, the $20 coupon book for your $5 donation?
- Last year, Cones for the Cure in partnership with Graeter’s raised $100,000 in two weeks. This year – in 4 days – they have raised $60,000! Imagine what they can do by the end of the two weeks?!
While this post was a silly reminder of a good cause and a wonderfully fun partnership with Graeter’s Ice Cream… Cones for the Cure needs your help. Children need your help. Each year, they hold this fundraiser to help raise money to fund research to find a cure to pediatric brain cancer. With your help, they could hit a home run and find a cure for all cancers. If you think about it, you would spend $3 or more on ice cream at Graeter’s normally. If you took that money saved with your free scoop and donated it… you would be helping children live long, cancer-free lives. Or, better yet..buy a scoop of Elena’s Blueberry Pie ice cream during the two week period, and donate the money you normally spend on your coffee in the morning! Remember, a $5 donation gets you a $20 coupon book!
Be a hero. Please visit your local Graeter’s and help Cones for the Cure hit a home run for cancer! You could save a child’s life.
If you are unable to visit a participating Graeter’s, please visit the Cones for the Cure website for information on how to make a donation.
This post was written for social good. All information and graphics used with permission. No compensation was received in exchange for this post.