This isn’t a copy-cat Mexican pizza. This is MUCH better than what you get at that fast food place. And, I am pretty sure this one is healthier for you too… especially since the “crust” isn’t fried in oil. I hope you enjoy this one!
Author: Julia - Mom on the Run x2
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 451
- Fat: 18.1
- Saturated fat: 5.8
- Carbohydrates: 60.7
- Sugar: .7
- Sodium: 461.5
- Fiber: 2.4
- Protein: 26.2
- Cholesterol: 45.6
Recipe type: Pizza
- 12 soft-taco shells
- 8 ounces ground turkey or beef
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3-4 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 small can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 jar picante sauce
- 1 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown turkey in non-stick skillet. When no longer pink, drain and add a few spoons of the picante sauce to the meat. Just enough to make it 'wet'.
- In another non-stick skillet, over medium-low heat, begin "frying" the taco shells for approximately 1-2 minutes on each side. (This depends on how crunchy you want your crust.)
- To assemble: Place one taco shell crust on the plate, spoon 1-2 Tablespoons of refried beans onto the crust. Smooth to edges.
- Top with second crust. Spread 1-2 Tablespoons of picante sauce on top to edges.
- Top with ground meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese and place under broiler for 2 minutes or until cheese just begins to melt.
- Top with onions, olives and tomatoes.
Nutrition facts provided as a reference only. Calculated using Spark People's nutrition calculator. Please calculate your own information based on the products you use.