It’s Wednesday Hodgepodge time! This week’s questions are interesting…
1. What’s one thing you learned in September?
This September, I learned that time outs at school are not necessarily because your child gets in trouble. (Pause for the mommy guilt.) Thirteen years ago, in September, I learned that life is way too short.
2. Acorn squash, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, yellow squash, zucchini squash, or blech! hold the squash… what’s your favorite squash? What’s your favorite way to prepare your favorite squash?
I love yellow squash and zucchini. I like slicing them up with an onion and sauteing them in butter or olive oil… and usually eating them right out of the pan.
3. The older I get the_______________________________.
…more I hurt? lol I swear, I am falling apart in my old age.
4. What’s your favorite television theme song ever?
5. What do you wish you’d spent more time doing five years ago?
Hmmmm… I don’t know. I guess maybe saving money.
6. What item do you most need (or want) to add to your wardrobe this fall?
My friend here at work always wears the cutest cardigans, so I am thinking of buying one for this fall.
7. On October 2, 1950 the Peanuts cartoon was introduced to the world. What was your favorite cartoon when you were a kid?
Flintstones and Jetsons. Funny story about Peanuts though… over the winter we went to Cedar Point’s Castaway Bay for a blog event. Out comes Snoopy for pictures… and my kids didn’t know who he was. I have failed as a parent.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
One of the managers at work is always saying “awesome sauce” when something is cool. I have been saying it at home and the kids started saying it. The Hubs had the kids at Walmart over the weekend and Bo says, “Sweet Sauce.” The Hubs asked him if he meant “awesome sauce.” Bo replied, “No, I meant sweet sauce.” Sweet sauce it is.[php snippet=3]