Chicken salad is probably my all-time favorite cold sandwich recipes. Every time I make it, the ingredients change based on what I have in the kitchen. The “bones” of the chicken salad is always the same, but it always has a different flair. This one has a slight kick to it– but it is basically my base chicken salad recipe with some additions. Make it yours.
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 Tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise, plus extra
- 2 Tablespoons brown mustard
- 1 stalk celery, diced fine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3 dashes hot sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- In large pot, boil chicken until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pot and shred with two forks.
- Place shredded chicken in bowl and add remaining ingredients.
- Mix to combine and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight.