I had a major hankering for jambalaya this week. Not the “add sausage to rice mix” but the real deal. I threw this together and called it amazing. You can beat how easy it is – throw everything in the crock pot and forget about it until 30 minutes before you serve it!
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper chopped
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package turkey kielbasa sliced
- 1 Tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 4-5 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 pound uncooked deveined and peeled shrimp (thawed if frozen), tail shells removed
- 1 shrimp/crab boil pack
- Brown rice optional
Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
Add all ingredients (including boil packet), except rice and shrimp. Stir to incorporate.
Cover and cook on low setting for 7 to 8 hours (or high for 3 to 4 hours).
Stir in shrimp 30 minutes prior to serving. Continue cooking until shrimp is pink and firm.
Remove shrimp/crab boil packet and discard.
Serve with rice, if desired.