So, I am sitting here at lunch writing a couple of blog posts and a pending comment popped up…
I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award! Woo hoo! Thank you so much Jenille! You can check out her awesome blog Beyond the Yellow Brick Road.
I’m so excited because I have seen this award on other blogs and was hoping I would win! The award is given to upcoming bloggers with less than 200 followers. “Liebster” is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Here is how the Liebster Award works:
1. Each nominee must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you and create 11 questions for bloggers you’ve tagged.
3. Chose up to 11 bloggers and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs.
Eleven Things About Me
1. I am an accountant but I hate math.
2. I’ve been dying my hair since high school.
3. I wish I could make the money I currently make by scrapbooking all day.
4. I wish I had time (and knew how) to bake bread for my family.
5. I make a mean salsa… both mild and hot. My peach salsa is pretty good too.
6. My favorite book is Into the Wilderness by Sara Dontai– and I’ve read it at least 20 times.
7. I don’t have many friends.
8. I have a weakness for bald, older men.
9. I love the Steelers.
10. I didn’t know anything about football when I met my husband… I read a book to figure it out. (Hey, what can I say… I was in the band!)
11. I love seeing the world through my kids’ eyes.
And now for the 11 questions that Jenille has asked me…
1. What is the one thing/person/place/song etc. that always cheers you up?
Takin’ Care of Business by Bachman Turner Overdrive
2. Who is your role model and why?
Hmmm. This is a toughie. I’d have to say Shirley Muldowney, because she never took no for an answer and broke down the male-gendered barriers in drag racing to help it become the sport it is today.
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
This might come as a shocker… but, here in Ohio… maybe up north near Amish Country, but the closest town would have to be a small one and I would want to live on a farm.
4. What was the motivation for starting your blog?
I’d always wanted one and thought they were interesting, so one day I just started one. LOL. Heck, I’m not sure anyone even reads it.
5. If President Obama showed up on your doorstep, what would you say to him?
Lower gas prices. Lower grocery prices. Concentrate on what is happening in the United States. Bring our troops home.
6. What is the first thing I should know about you?
I am a loyal and true friend. But, if you break our friendship, I’m done. I will never be the same friend to you.
7. What is your favorite quote from a movie?
How are you getting back to New York?
Hadn’t given it much thought.
This is ridiculous.
Where do you get cars around here?
Well, it’s America, babe.
~~ Gumball Rally, 1976
8. Do you have a ‘bucket list’ and if so what are some of the items on it?
-Take a hot air balloon ride
-Go to Steelers training camp
-Get a tattoo
9. What is your favorite blog post that you’ve ever written? (Link it here)
10. What is the biggest risk you have ever taken?
Attempting to become a mommy– it took alot of money, alot of pain, and alot of prayers.
11. Toilet paper: over or under the roll?
It goes ON the roll? No way!
And now for the people I am nominating for the Liebster award!!!
1. Jilly @ Hi It’s Jilly
2. Aleisha @ She Calls Me Mama Leisha
3. Carly @ Lip Gloss and Crayons
4. Mar @ Raising Bean
5. Susan @ Sole Searching Mamma
6. Jessika @ Me vs Infertility
7. Jessica @ At Home Take 2
And here are my questions for you lovely ladies:
1. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
2. What is one thing you did in your younger years that you are ashamed of?
3. Describe your style.
4. Why do you blog?
5. What is your favorite non-blog website?
6. What is your favorite blog post? Link it here.
7. What month is Zodiac sign? Do you think you have those traits?
8. What is one thing you want to do that you have never done?
9. Blogger, WordPress or something else?
10. What is your favorite food?
11. If money was no object, what would you do? Where would you go?
Can’t wait to read everyone’s responses!