It’s Wednesday again! Time for Wednesday Hodgepodge. Grab some coffee, pull up a chair and check out my answers– and make sure you visit the link below and read some others’. Above all, have fun!
1. Lake Superior University has once again published a list of words/phrases they think should be banished from the Queen’s English…here’s the list for 2013-
fiscal cliff, kick the can down the road, double down, job creators/creation, passion/passionate, yolo (an acronym for you only live once), spoiler alert, bucket list, trending, superfood, boneless wings, and guru
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why.
Super food. I am so sick of reading and hearing that word.
2. When was the last time you rode a train? Where did you go?
About two years ago… we rode the train around the mall. LMAO! You asked! Seriously though, the last time I rode an actual train was when I was about 5-6 and we rode one of those scenic trains to a Christmas village.
3. Bagels-yay or nay? Favorite ‘flavor’? Favorite topping?
Yay. I love everything bagels with vegetable cream cheese.
4. ‘Tis the season of awards shows…if you could star in a movie already made which one would you choose?
Any of the Fast and Furious movies.
5. The move towards single gender classrooms has been making the news in recent months….what say you? Do you think kids perform better if seperated by gender and are taught differently or is that discrimination? If you’re a parent, is this something you’d support in regard to your own children?
Well, if the school districts are going to be that stupid, we might as well segregate on color again too. I don’t think kids perform better separated by gender. Boys and girls need to be together to learn– they have things to teach each other (get your mind out of the gutter!) I would not support this– in fact, it might be the deciding factor on home schooling my kids.
6. What’s your favorite thing about staying in a hotel?
Definitely that I don’t have to clean up after myself. That, and usually when I am staying in a hotel, I am alone… which means I get to watch what I want to watch on TV.
7. Do you have a ‘word’ for 2013? What’s the story behind your choice?
We have to come up with a word for the Inspiring Moms group… and I still haven’t selected one. So, no.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am still fighting the creepy crud and I just want it to be over and gone. I start to feel better and then start feeling sick again. Today, I felt great and then about an hour ago my ear started hurting again.