Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day and today we have a yummy and easy recipe for healthy strawberry crepes! This delicious and light recipe would be perfect as a special breakfast for your sweetie or as a dessert after a meal.
Healthy Strawberry Crepes
Author: Julia - www.minivandreams.com
- Serves: 8
- Serving size: 2 crepes
- Calories: 137
- Fat: .50
- Carbohydrates: 28
- Sodium: 145
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 1
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- ¾ cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoon sugar, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup strawberry fruit spread (spreadable fruit)
- 1 carton strawberries, cleaned, trimmed and chopped
- 4 teaspoons powdered sugar
- Chocolate candy, optional
- Combine milk, egg substitute, and vanilla in large bowl.
- Add flour, sugar, and salt; Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Prepare a small skillet with cooking spray, heat over medium-high heat.
- Pour 2-4 Tablespoons of batter into skillet. Tilt skillet until bottom is thinly coated.
- Allow to cook without disturbing, until top appears dry; Carefully flip crepe and allow to cook an additional 20-30 seconds.
- Remove from pan and keep warm. Continue with remaining batter, using cooking spray as needed.
- Spread each crepe with 2-3 teaspoons of spreadable fruit. Top with chopped strawberries.
- Roll up and plate with seam side down.
- Dust with powdered sugar and garnish with extra strawberries and chocolate, if desired.
Nutrition calculation is for information only. Please recalculate with your specific ingredients.