If your family is like our family, we eat a lot of grilled cheese because they are easy and the kids love them. But, Don and I are so tired of boring, old grilled cheese. So, I created my version of a Gourmet Grilled Cheese reminiscent of a sandwich I had at a local restaurant. Enjoy!
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 small ball fresh mozzarella
- 4 Tablespoons tomato garlic pesto (or regular pesto)
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Slice mozzarella into 4 (or more) slices.
- Spread one side of each piece of bread with ½ teaspoon of butter.
- Lay two pieces of bread in skillet, top with 1 Tablespoon of pesto on each slice, smoothing to edges.
- Layer 2 slices of cheese on each bread slice, top with another Tablespoon of pesto.
- Layer second pieces of bread on top, butter side up.
- Allow to cook for approximately 4-5 minutes or until toasted to taste. Flip sandwich and continue toasting on second side 4-5 minutes or until toasted.
- Serve hot.
Tags: Easy Recipes, Main Dishes, Recipes, Sandwiches