This quick and easy Get Well Soon card can be thrown together in minutes and uses up scraps you might have around. It doesn’t have to be purple, just stick with the same color scheme and it will look amazing. As you can see, I added a little “sparkle” to the card that takes it up over the top. Make a few of these to have around for when you need them… you could even use it as a birthday or just because card!
- 6.5 x 6.5″ dark solid card stock
- 6.25 x 6.25″ printed paper
- 6 x 6″ light solid card stock
- 12 x 6″ medium solid card stock
- 2″ x 2″ squares printed paper scraps in four different prints/designs
- 1 large button
- 6″ bakers twine
- 24 rhinestones
- coordinating ink pad
- sentiment stamp
- scrap light solid card stock
- decorative label punch
- corner rounder punch
- 2 pop dots
- spray glitter, optional
- Fold 12 x 6″ medium card stock in half, crease well (not visible in picture).
- Using ink pad, ink/distress the edges of the dark card stock, light card stock, and printed paper.
- Adhere 6.5 x 6.5″ dark card stock on one side of folded card, as shown.
- Adhere 6.25 x 6.25″ printed paper to dark card stock, as shown.
- Adhere 6 x 6″ light card stock to printed paper, as shown.
- Cut the four 2″ squares diagonally. Use the corner rounder to punch the corner as shown.
- Adhere these triangles in a pleasing pattern in the center of the light card stock. The points should barely touch in the center.
- Thread the bakers’ twine through the button holes and tie a bow. Adhere the button to the center of the triangles, covering where they touch in the center.
- Adhere three rhinestones to each outer triangle point, as shown.
- Stamp sentiment and punch out. Ink edges.
- Adhere sentiment below button with pop dots.
- Spray lightly with glitter, if desired.
Tags: Card making, Crafts, Papercrafts, Scrapbooking