This week is orientation for my new job and it has been nuts! So, for today’s post I am doing a reshare of our vegetarian stuffed peppers that are amazing! You don’t even miss the meat! Enjoy!
I am a big meat eater (heck, look at me…). I am not big on vegetarian fare, but every once in awhile I like to try something new. I have never made stuffed peppers without some sort of meat… but, my ground turkey was outdated so I decided to try these meatless. Delicious. These vegetarian stuffed peppers are definitely going into the lineup at our house… make extras, they are even better the next day!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut peppers down center along stem. Remove seeds and membranes.
- Place peppers, cut side down, in a baking dish prepared with cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes until peppers are tender.
- Prepare rice mix as directed. When done, stir in 1/2 can of tomato sauce (4 ounces) and diced tomatoes. Combine.
- Add seasonings to rice and tomato mix, stir well.
- Remove from peppers from oven. Turn over peppers and stuff with 1/4 of rice mixture.
- Pour remaining tomato sauce on top of rice and peppers. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.