Creamette Pasta is celebrating their 100th Anniversary. In celebration, Creamette Pasta is inviting families in the Midwest region to share their favorite comfort-food recipe made with Creamette Pasta, along with an original essay of 100 words (or less) describing their family mealtime memory about the recipe. In June, 10 semi-finalists will be chosen to participate in a nationwide online vote– and you could win $10,000! The contest runs until May 30th and you can find all the details and submit your entries here.
To celebrate Creamette Pasta’s 100th Anniversary, I made one of my favorite comfort-food recipes to share… tuna noodle casserole. I used Creamette Pasta’s Tuna Noodle Casserole with Potato Chip Topping and adapted it for my family’s tastes… which means, I added cheese or no one would have eaten it. The recipe below is the actual recipe, but then I mixed in 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese before baking it.
- ½ package (16 oz) Medium Egg Noodles, uncooked
- 1 can (10¾ oz) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (5 oz) evaporated milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 can (5 oz) tuna, drained and flaked
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1 can (4 oz) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup potato chips, crushed
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In medium bowl, blend soup, evaporated milk, sour cream, tuna, peas, mushrooms and onion.
- Add noodles; mix well.
- Pour into greased 2-quart casserole.
- Top with potato chips.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350°F oven until hot and bubbly, 35 to 40 minutes.
So, not only do you get a yummy recipe to try– Creamette is letting me give away a Share the Comfort Kit valued at $100 for one of my lucky readers! Super delicious, right?! One lucky reader will win two boxes of Creamette Pasta, two Creamette Pasta recipe cards, one colander, and one casserole baking dish!
Enter on the form below!(WordPress is being a bit cantankerous, so if the form doesn’t show up, just click the link to enter!)
Download the 100th Anniversary Creamette Pasta cookbook.
In exchange for this post, I received a Creamette Pasta Share the Comfort Kit. All opinions and comments are my own. All information and/or pictures used with permission.[php snippet=8]