This recipe for crab alfredo was originally going to be pancetta alfredo because pancetta was on sale. Except, when I got to the store I couldn’t find it. (The perils of living in a small town.) So, I improvised… and it turned out to be delicious. It’s a quick and easy weeknight dinner that tastes like you’ve slaved over the stove. I won’t tell. Enjoy.
- 1 box penne pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- 2 jars light alfredo sauce
- 1 package imitation flake crab meat
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions to al dente. Drain.
- Return pasta to pan and stir in both jars of alfredo sauce.
- Break crab meat into smaller chunks and gently fold into pan.
- Add green onions, tomatoes, salt and pepper, and stir to incorporate.
- Allow to heat for approximately 7-8 minutes and serve hot, sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese.