Back in 1995, Country Choice® arrived on the scene at the Organic Food Expo with some cookies and a vision. Almost 20 years later, they are offering a variety of organic products that include cookies, instant oatmeal, regular oatmeal and more! They have also introduced a new line of gluten-free oats. Now, I know oatmeal is already gluten free. But, did you know that most oatmeal products are usually grown and processed near gluten products? However, Country Choice® has created a farm to table approach that minimized gluten exposure. Plus, they have been certified organic!
As you know, I am suffering from a “dropped my phone in water and now I am phoneless” period. So, unfortunately, I was unable to take pictures of the delicious cookies I made with Country Choice’s® Organic Gluten Free Old Fashioned Oats. But, let’s put it this way… my kids LOVED them and they don’t like oatmeal cookies. So here’s the recipe sans picture!
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups [b]Country Choice Organic Old-Fashioned Oats [/b]
- Cream together butter, white sugar and brown sugar in a medium bowl.
- Beat eggs, then add slowly to creamed butter and sugars.
- Add vanilla and combine.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; add to creamed sugar mixture and combine well.
- Add oats and stir well.
- Chill covered dough for approximately 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, roll cookie dough into balls and place 2″ apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Using a fork dipped in sugar, flatten each cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes and then remove to wire rack.
We also tried the Country Choice® Organic Instant Oatmeal in Maple & Brown Sugar and Apple Cinnamon. Oh my. YUM. The apple cinnamon is to die for. Wait, so is the Maple & Brown Sugar! You have to try them both.
You can find Country Choice® Organic oatmeal at your local organic food store. You can also order it directly from their website or through Amazon. There are even whole-grain options! And, for some fun, healthy activities for your kids, check out Country Choice’s® Fit Kids Corner for information, games, coloring pages, and more!
This momma gives Country Choice® Organic two thumbs up!
In exchange for this post, I received Country Choice® products to sample. All opinions and statements are my own and were not influenced in any way by the compensation received. Please see my disclosure for more information.