Now, don’t be turned off by the fact that this has beans in it… it is truly delicious! This is perfect to throw together on a chilly night. Serve it with some garlic bread and you have a meal!
Chuck Wagon Beans
Author: Julia - www.minivandreams.com
A delicious recipe for chilly nights. Round up the wagons... dinner's on.
- 1 pound ground turkey OR ground beef
- 1 box elbow macaroni
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can chili beans, undrained
- 1 can Northern beans, drained
- 1 large (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground chipotle pepper, optional
- jalapenos, optional
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Prepare macaroni per package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet brown ground meat and onions until meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and chipotle pepper.
- Drain macaroni and return to pot. Add meat mixture, beans, tomatoes, and sauce. Combine and allow to simmer over low heat for 7-8 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in jalapenos, if desired.
- Serve topped with shredded cheese.