Do you get tired of eating the same old lunches every day at work? Do you find yourself going out to grab fast food because you can’t stand the thought of eating another lunch meat sandwich? Put down your car keys and keep reading… I have a delicious recipe for Chipotle Chicken Sandwiches that are perfect for taking to work for lunch! While I can’t offer you a silly hat or free toy, I can give you this awesome recipe that will make you WANT to eat your brown bag lunch.
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: ¼th recipe + bun
- Calories: 358
- Fat: 6
- Saturated fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 46
- Sugar: 20
- Sodium: 461
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 32
- Cholesterol: 55
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 sweet onion, diced finely
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can tomato soup
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chili pepper (or more to taste)
- 4 buns
- In large skillet, heat oil and add chicken breasts. Brown chicken for 10 minutes per side in the oil.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- In same skillet, saute onions until tender.
- Add soup, water, vinegar, brown sugar, and ground chipotle pepper to skillet. Stir to combine. Heat to a boil.
- When sauce is boiling, return chicken to skillet and cover. Allow to cook for 20 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- Shred (or roughly dice) chicken and return to skillet. Allow to simmer for an additional 10 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Serve on buns with desired toppings
*Recommendation: Pack chipotle chicken and bun separately and assembled prior to eating.
Tags: Easy Recipes, Main Dishes, Recipes, Sandwiches