Don makes the best enchiladas… me, not so much. I am not sure why his are so good… maybe because I am not the one making them! I created this chicken enchiladas penne dish as a delicious alternative to regular enchiladas. It uses all the same ingredients, minus the tortilla shells, and is even better the next day! Try it with all your favorite toppings! Enjoy!
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 1 large can (about 1-1/4 cups) enchilada sauce
- 1 small can corn, drained (optional)
- 1 regular can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ cup jarred sliced jalapenos, drained (optional)
- Prepare pasta per package directions. Drain and return to pot.
- Dice cooked chicken breasts into 1" pieces. Add to pasta pot.
- Combine enchilada sauce, corn, black beans, 1 cup cheese, cream cheese, and seasonings with pasta. Cook over medium-low heat until cream cheese blends smoothly with pasta.
- Serve with additional shredded cheese on top, jalapenos or whatever toppings are desired.
Tags: Easy Recipes, Main Dishes, Recipes