First, I want to begin by saying a HUGE thank you to all of you who have linked up with Tickle My Tastebuds over the last 6 months! But, I am leaving the hop due to time constraints and other fun things I am wanting to do with my blog… however, Cathy , Lori and Christie will still be hosting the hop. I am not sure of the details yet, but you can head over to their blogs and learn more! I encourage you to continue linking up with them… I know I will! Today’s recipe is a quick and easy one that can be thrown together on busy school nights and on the table in a jiffy. Cheese, chicken, and rice… plus some veggies. How can you go wrong?
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can condensed cheese soup
- 1 large green pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced into strips
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup milk, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Rice, prepared per package
- In medium sized skillet, over medium-high heat, cook chicken breast in olive oil until no longer pink inside. Remove from pan and dice into bite-sized pieces
- Add chicken back to skillet and add green peppers and onions. Saute until green peppers and onions are desired tenderness.
- Add soup and salsa to chicken and vegetables. Stir to incorporate.
- Add milk, if needed to get sauce to desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over hot rice.
[php snippet=2] Tags: Easy Recipes, Main Dishes, Recipes