If you have ever wanted a quick and easy, finger-food for football Sunday or any other party, then this recipe is for you! You get the cheeseburger “taste” without having to fork out dough for ground beef to feed a crowd. The possibilities are endless with this one. Add some bacon and Swiss cheese. Throw on some sautéed onions and mushrooms with some Mozzarella. Yum.
- 1 pound ground beef OR ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- ½ onion, diced finely
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained well
- 1 cup processed cheese, cubed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tubes jumbo refrigerator biscuits (need 12 biscuits total)
- Preheat oven according to biscuit package.
- Brown ground beef or turkey and onions over medium heat, until meat is cooked. Drain. Season with pepper and garlic salt.
- Return to low heat and stir in processed cheese cubes until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, spray a muffin pan with cooking spray, and press one biscuit into each muffin cup to form a "pie crust" of sorts. (i.e. up the sides and across the bottom).
- Bake biscuits for specified time on package. Remove from oven.
- Using a spoon, press the biscuits into the bottom and up the sides to create a "well" for the meat mixture.
- Spoon meat mixture evenly into all muffin cups.
- Top each with approximately a teaspoon of diced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Return to oven for approximately 5 minutes to allow cheese to melt.
Tags: Appetizers, Easy Recipes, Main Dishes, Recipes