It’s been awhile since I shared a card… so, I pulled out this Blue Jean Card that I made for the fair last year. Now, don’t be afraid… it isn’t as hard as it looks! Trust me. Plus, even if you make a mistake, you can make it look like its part of the jeans and no one will know! This one takes a few special items – most of which you probably already have in your stash or around the house.
What I love about this card, is that you can easily change it up to be a birthday card or some other type of card, by changing the sentiment on the ticket in the pocket. Make this one your own with your ticket and belt… its up to you!
- 8 x 11″ blue card stock, with white core
- Top note or other shaped die cut – you can also free hand this with scissors
- Die cut machine, if using die cut
- 6 gemstones
- Paper cutter
- pop dots
- 4.25″ length of ribbon, 1″ wide
- Ticket or scrap piece of scrapbook paper
- Optional: Embossing glue, embossing glitter, swirl or decorative stamp, and embossing heat gun
- Cut the blue card stock to 8.5″ x 4.25″. Fold in half and crease well.
- Place the card face up on your work surface. Take the sand paper and distress the front of the card, paying special attention to the edges.
- Using your die cut machine, cut out the top note shape or other similar shape.
- With the paper cutter, slice off approximately 1″ from the narrow end of the shape.
- With the piece you cut off in step 4 above, cut a 1/2″ strip with the paper cutter.
- Adhere the strip from step 5 to the top of the pocket as shown in the picture.
- Using sand paper, distress the pocket as desired.
- If desired, emboss your swirl shape using glitter.
- Using pop dots, adhere the pocket to the lower part of the card as shown.
- Adhere the ribbon to the top of the card, above the pocket, approximately 1/2″ from the top edge of the card.
- Using your leftover blue card stock, cut 3-4 belt loops. (Mine are 1.5″ x 1/2″)
- Carefully distress belt loops with sandpaper.
- Adhere the belt loops over the ribbon as shown.
- Write sentiment on ticket, apply adhesive to the back and tuck it into the card pocket. Push down firmly to ensure it adheres.
- Decorate your pocket with gemstones.
There you have it! This could easily be made into a masculine card with a different colored belt and without the motif on the pocket. Or, what about a Christmas card using red paper and a white belt?![php snippet=5]