Happy Monday everyone! I am trying to positive, can you tell? I have decided to cold-turkey diet soda and I am DYING. Okay, not dying… but I am jonesing for a Diet Pepsi. UGH. I spent last week participating in the Mom Conference online and learned a few things. I will share later, I am sure. But, for now… its Monday Listicles time!
This week’s topic is 10 Things Spring. Next week’s is 10 Ways to Wind Someone up! So, without further adieu… I give you…
10 Things Spring
- Forsythia bushes in bloom – this was always the sign that Spring was here. Mine has buds on it right now, can’t wait to see it bloom.
- Lilacs – I love the smell of lilacs in the air.
- Open windows – I love when it’s still a little cool outside and the windows are open and the breezes blow through the house.
- Daffodils – I have always loved daffodils, but even more so since they are the March flower and the twins were born in March.
- Picnics – We had our first picnic on the back porch this weekend. Nothing like sitting outside and eating a sandwich with the family. Bugs and all.
- Painted toes – I am one of those girls who don’t paint their toes in the winter. So, the first hint of spring, I am getting out the polish. They are silver this week.
- Planting – I will be the first to admit I am not the best gardener, but I do love getting my hands in the dirt and planting and dreaming of what I can grow. Hopefully, this year the squirrels will stay out of my corn long enough to harvest it.
- Easter – I have said it before, for some crazy reason, Easter is one of my favorite holidays.
- Dandelions – I love getting dandelion bouquets from the kids. Makes my heart smile.
- Mother’s Day – We tried for so long to have kids, and were finally blessed with two at the same time. So, Mother’s Day is pretty special to me.